With world-class scenery—steep-sided fjords of impossibly blue water, ancient history—this is the home of the Vikings, after all—and a lively, cosmopolitan culture, Norway is a top destination for the world traveler! We’ll begin our independent holiday in the beautiful waterfront city of Bergen—its most famous site is the UNESCO Bryggen wharf district whose wooden alleyways are a haven for artists and craftspeople with bijou shops and boutiques. We’ve included admission to the funicular that ascends to the summit of Floyen for the most stunning views of the city. Departing Bergen we’ll cruise along the coast and into the Sognefjord—Norway’s largest—with some of the country’s most dramatic scenery. We’ll break our journey with an overnight stay in Flam before boarding the Flam Railway and Bergen Line. Described as a “journey you’ll never forget” this spectacular ride takes us through the scenic Flam valley to the mountain station of Myrdal, where we change to the Bergen line, taking us across the beautiful mountain plateau to Oslo. Here we’ll enjoy an Oslo Fjord sightseeing cruise passing narrow inlets, idyllic bays and stalwart lighthouses.
$2,999 per person double occupancy
$3,534 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $600. Additional deposit may be required at time of air ticket purchase.
This is not a group tour.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Bergen and Oslo to Boston, via a connecting city
- Six nights’ four-star accommodations
- Breakfast daily
- Round-trip Floibanen funicular ride from Bergen – Floyen Mountain
- Transfer from Bergen hotel to Bergen port
- Scenic cruise from Bergen to Flam (5 hr, 30 min)
- Scenic Flam Railway train from Flam to Myrdal, Scenic Bergen Railway train from Myrdal to Oslo (5 hrs)
- Transfer from Oslo train station to hotel
- Two-hour Fjord sightseeing cruise (embarks/disembarks at City Hall)
- Hosted, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Hotel Zander K, Bergen
- DAY 5 Hotel Flamsbrygga, Flam
- DAYS 6–7 Hotel Clarion Collection Gabelshus, Oslo
- DAY 8 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations