With 36 UNESCO World Heritage sites, Germany ranks sixth among the most popular travel destinations in Europe. Berlin, one of Europe's most fascinating capitals, is historic, artistic and vibrant. “Berlin is back,” exclaims travel authority Rick Steves. We'll find landmarks, eclectic neighborhoods in the former East, a delightful riverfront and world-class museums. Called the “jewel box” for its baroque and rococo architecture, Dresden—completely destroyed at the end of World War II—has seen many of its grand historic buildings reconstructed including the magnificent Zwinger Palace. Winding cobbled streets, plenty of shopping and museums, as well as nine different breweries await us in medieval (founded in 902!) Bamberg. In Munich, capital of Bavarian food and culture—often called Germany's most livable city—we'll find a charming fusion of cosmopolitan edge and small-town atmosphere with superb green parks, a walkable historic center and fantastic beer halls! Enjoy special admission to an Oktoberfest tent and sample Munich's famous beer.
$4,109 per person double occupancy
$4,714 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $600.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Berlin and Munich to Boston, via a connecting city
- Ten nights' accommodations
- Fourteen meals: ten breakfasts, four dinners with wine or beer
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Abba Berlin Hotel, Berlin
- DAYS 5–6 NH Dresden, Dresden
- DAYS 7–8 Hotel Europa Bamberg, Bamberg
- DAYS 9–11 Angelo Munich Westpark, Munich
- DAY 12 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Berlin tour including Holocaust Memorial. Potsdam tour including Cecilienhof Palace. Dresden tour includig Zwinger Palace. Weimar Old Town walking tour. Bamberg walking tour including cathedral and Little Venice. Munich walking our including the Marienplatz, Glockenspiel and Hofgartens. Admission to Oktoberfest tent. OPTIONALS: Berlin—World War II walking tour. Dresden—Excursion to Gorlitz. Bamberg—Excursion to Rothenburg. Munich—Excursion to Neuschwanstein Castle. VIENNA 3n post-tour extension $499 pp/do. OPTIONALS: Traditional Viennese Wine Tavern evening; Danube River Cruise.