Get to know the UK as we journey by rail to three of Britain’s most lively cities: Edinburgh, York and London. Travel through the countryside amid stunning landscapes with less time in transit and more time exploring—as Hemingway said, “it is the journey that matters.” Start in Edinburgh with a traditional Scottish evening and city tour. Train though the rolling hills and picturesque villages on the scenic journey through the Scottish Borders to York, Britain’s iconic medieval city. Our stay includes visits to Castle Howard and the charming market town of Helmsley. Our second rail journey brings us to London where we’ll enjoy a panoramic tour, a full-day to explore on our own and visits to either Windsor Castle or Kensington Palace.
$4,099 per person double occupancy
$4,049 per person triple occupancy; $4,649 for single reservations. Single accommodations for this tour are limited. Cancellation waiver and travel insurance is $290. Although not required, we recommend purchasing the waiver. Purchase must be made at time of booking. Passport required. Per person deposit is $550. If you purchase the waiver, the deposit is $300. Instant purchase airfare may be available at a lower rate. Call for details.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Edinburgh and London to Boston, via a connecting city
- Train transportation
- Private sedan transfers within 50 miles of Boston’s Logan Airport (one car per booking)
- Eight nights’ first-class accommodations
- Twelve meals: eight breakfasts, four dinners
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Novotel Edinburgh Centre, Edinburgh
- DAYS 5–6 Hotel 53, York
- DAYS 7–9 Radisson Blue Edwardian Vanderbilt, London
- DAY 10 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Edinburgh tour. Excursion to St. Andrews, Pitlocry and whisky distillery OR tour “The Real Mary King’s Close”. Scenic train ride though Scottish borders. York tour, dinner at family-owned alehouse. Train from York to London. London panoramic tour. English pub dinner. Excursion to Windsor Castle OR visit Kensington Palace. OPTIONALS: Edinburgh—Pub lunch and Royal Yacht Britannia. London—Oxford and Blenheim Palace.