In astonishingly beautiful Portugal, we'll discover charming villages, a dramatic coastline, fairytale palaces and flower-covered landscapes. Begin in Porto—where port wine originated—with a wander through the medieval lanes of the old district and the postcard-perfect Douro riverfront. In Gothic Coimbra we'll visit both the university and the stunning cathedral before arriving in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Evora—with its Roman roots, a cultural oasis for over 2,000 years. Discover white-sand beaches and tranquil fishing villages in the Algarve, Portugal's resort-lined coast, and visit Cape St. Vincent, thought to be the edge of the world before the Age of Discovery. Colorful Lisbon has old-world neighborhoods, the Moorish Alfama Quarter, world-class art and museums, mosaic sidewalks, red-tiled roofs, tiny fado clubs and monuments to the explorers.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Porto and Lisbon to Boston, via a connecting city
- Seven nights' four-star accommodations
- Ten meals: seven breakfasts, three dinner with wine or beer
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–3 NH Batalha, Porto
- DAY 4 Muralhas, Evora
- DAYS 5–6 Tivoli Lagos, Algarve
- DAYS 7–8 Zenit Lisboa, Lisbon
- DAY 9 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Porto tour including Old-World Ribeira district; Coimbra tour including the university and cathedral. Evora tour; Algarve coast, visit Lagos, Sagres and Cape St. Vincent. Lisbon tour including Jeronimos Monastery, Belem Tower and Alfama district. OPTIONALS: Porto—Douro River Cruise and port wine cellars. Lisbon—Fado Dinner and Show; Sintra and Portuguese Riviera. LISBON 2n post-tour extension $309 pp/do. OPTIONALS: Fatima Shrines and Basilicas; Medieval Obidos and Nazare.
Pricing and Deposit
$2,919 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $450.