Join us in Sorrento and Rome this November after the crowds have gone home and while the temps are still ideal for touring and sightseeing. Spend three nights in charming Sorrento—the grand dame of Italian resorts—and discover winding, cobbled streets, elegant piazzas, an unspoiled old quarter, al fresco cafes and sweeping views across the Bay of Naples to Mount Vesuvius. We’ll visit the famous ruins at Pompeii (without the jostling crowds) and spend a day on the Amalfi Coast visiting Positano and Amalfi. In Meta di Sorrento, we’ll visit a cooking school for a hands-on cooking lesson, followed by dinner. In Rome we’ll discover a living museum of breathtaking art and architecture and astonishing ancient sites. Enjoy a guided visit to St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museum.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Naples, via Rome and Rome to Boston (land only pricing available if you prefer to make your own air arrangements)
- Five nights' three-and four-star accommodations (Hotel Tramontano, Sorrento 3n; Hotel Medici, Rome 2n)
- Breakfast daily
- Welcome and farewell dinners with wine at local restaurants
- One lunch at local restaurant
- Cooking lesson at Un Posta a Meti Cooking School in Meta di Sorrento, followed by dinner
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local Tour Manager
Excursion to Pompeii. Visit Gragnano's "pasta factory." Excursion to Positano and Amalfi. Hands-on cooking lesson. Half-day tour to St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museum.
Pricing and Deposit
Prices are per person double occupancy. Single supplement is $325. Triple accommodations may be available upon request. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $300.