Leave the car and head downeast Maine as we board AMTRAK'S Downeaster rail service to Portland. This two-night getaway combines one night in vibrant Portland and one night on tiny Great Diamond Island. Discover Portland from the charming Old Port to Portland Head Light on Maine's rocky coast aboard the Portland Trolley Tour and enjoy dinner. The next morning board the ferry to picturesque Great Diamond Island and an overnight stay at the Inn at Diamond Cove—an Historic Hotel of America. Island sights include the Diamond Cove Art Gallery, Fort McKinley Museum and the Moon Garden.
FROM $589 per person double occupancy, Sunday–Thursday. Rates may be higher on Friday & Saturday.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
VIEW PDF ITINERARY
- Round-trip fare on AMTRAK's Downeaster from North Station, Boston to Portland (coach class)
- Two night's accommodations: one night Hyatt Place, Portland; one night Inn at Diamond Cove, Great Diamond Island
- Round-trip ferry from Portland to Great Diamond Island
- $50 dining certificate for a restaurant in Portland (one per room)
- Portland Trolley Tour
- Breakfast and dinner at Inn at Diamond Cove
- Round-trip transfers: Portland Amtrak station to hotel, ferry to inn
- Additional hotel nights and optional tours available